i remember when i bought my spiralizer. it was like christmas morn.
and then it was like all i wanted was to use it on everything. which was brilliant until i tried to spiralize a tomato. not so much. just fyi.
this was one of the greats.
ground turkey with red sauce and sweet potato curls
makes 3 meals
1 lb ground turkey
1 16oz can of crush tomatoes
1 green pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
2 sweet potatoes
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. spiralize sweet potatoes (sp). dance around the kitchen because you just had so much fun. then place on roasting sheet with olive oil and salt. (note: i like to leave the skin on. you might say lazy, i say it’s nutritious?)
3. roast sp for 20-30 minutes until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. check midway and toss.
4. while sp are roasting, sauté turkey, onion, and green pepper in a bit of olive oil.
5. once meat is cooked, add crushed tomatoes and simmer until hot. (if you’re feeling frisky, add some red pepper flakes. it’s my favorite spice add in!)
6. eat. layer: arugula, red sauce, and curls.